THE RED GAMBIT SERIES

Author Colin Gee

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Question(s) about the war in China...

Keith Lange

So we know that on the bad guys there was the Japanese, and on the good guys was the Chi Nat and US Armies. Were there any others, like Soviets for the antagonists, and Ausralians and US Marines for the protagonists? 

April 30, 2017 at 3:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]
Site Owner
I think all the usual suspects lined up behind the appropriate cause. The Yugoslavs are different, of course. Tito was a pragmatic chap. Ive deliberately keptthe Finns out of things.
--

May 1, 2017 at 3:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Keith Lange

[email protected] at May 1, 2017 at 3:49 AM

I think all the usual suspects lined up behind the appropriate cause. The Yugoslavs are different, of course. Tito was a pragmatic chap. Ive deliberately keptthe Finns out of things.

I know, but I was wondering if the US Marines and the Australians slugged it out with the Soviets in China. As for the Finns, they no doubt had enough fighting for a while.

May 1, 2017 at 5:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]
Site Owner
I mentioned that there were ussies in Iraq now. A marine division was supposed to be on its way to Europe. Undoubtedly there would have been skirmishes, but the Allied plan was mainly to recover China and prevent the communist spread, whilst pinning down a large Soviet force in the eastern USSR without committing to ground action. MacArthur had other plans of course.
--

May 2, 2017 at 3:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

go back to the top